You're using an older, unsupported browser which may have an impact on how this site is rendered. Please consider updating your browser.

Click here for more information about this site's minimum requirements.

If I temporarily move away, may I continue to receive the residence homestead exemption on my home?

If you temporarily move away from your home, you may continue to receive the exemption if:

  • You do not establish a homestead residence elsewhere.
  • You intend to return to the home and
  • You are away less than two (2) years.

If you are active in the military service and serving outside the United States or live in a facility providing services related to health, infirmity or aging, you may continue to receive the exemptions if you do not occupy the residence and you intend to return to it.