The law gives property owners the right to protest actions concerning their property tax appraisals. You may follow these appeal procedures if you have a concern about:
The mission of the Collin Central Appraisal District is to appraise all property in the Collin County Appraisal District at market value equally and uniformly, and to communicate that value annually to each taxpayer and taxing jurisdiction.
Key Annual Cycles
Below is a visual representation of where we are in several Appraisal District related calendar cycles.
* denotes the active phase within a cycle.
The Collin Central Appraisal District's normal hours are 8am-5pm. However, for your convenience, we'll remain open until 7pm on the following dates:
- Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
- Thursday, May 9th, 2013
- Thursday, May 16th, 2013
- Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
- Thursday, May 30th, 2013
What has changed?
The site has a new look and things have been moved around, but everything that was available on our old site -- and more -- is available on our new site.
The most radical changes to the site are visible from our front page, and within the Property Search and Interactive Maps sections of the site.
Changes to the front page
- The front page will see an increase in update frequency.
- Upcoming scheduled holiday and emergency weather closings will be prominently displayed at the top of the front page.
- Seasonally-relevant, informative articles will be directly accessible from the front page.
Changes to the Property Search
- Property data on our old website was updated in batches, once per week. With the new site, we're perpetually-updating property data.
- The ability to search across the current-year's data and historical data.
- Our new Property Search provides 10 additional fields and several new filters, allowing complex searches across multiple fields to help narrow down your search results.
- The new Property Search has an Export to Spreadsheet feature that allows you to generate an Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2007/2010 format) of your search's results.
Changes to the Interactive Maps
- Additional layer availability.
- Toggle-able aerials imagery.
- Improved symbology.
- Regularly-updated feature data.
Other changes and new features
- Availability of Appraisal Data Exports.
- Availability of GIS Downloads.
- Easy file navigation and descriptive information regarding each download.
- New help resources: Frequently Asked Questions and Helpdesk
- With our new FAQ system, you can look for answers to commonly asked questions regarding appraisals and exemptions.
- Our new Helpdesk allows you to report technical issues with this site to the Collin Central Appraisal District's Information Systems & Technology department. Our goal is to constantly improve this site based on your feedback.
The Appraisal Review Board (ARB) is an independent quasi-judicial entity consisting of local taxpayers appointed by the Appraisal District's Board of Directors. It is charged with the responsibility to hear and resolve disputes that property owners or taxing entities may have with the appraisal district. The ARB is a separate entity from the appraisal office and is not subject to its control.
The Collin Appraisal Review Board's website is available at the following URL: http://www.collinarb.org
The Texas Legislature has made significant changes to the requirements for homestead exemptions. These changes affect all types of homestead exemptions, not just the general residential homestead exemptions. Any new applications as of September 1, 2011 must comply with all requirements, which are outlined here.
The Appraisal District is giving public notice of the capitalization rate to be used each year to appraise property receiving an exemption under Section 11.1825 of the Property Tax Code for Organizations Constructing or Rehabilitating Low-Income Housing: Property Not Previously Exempt.
- Business Hours
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
On Eldorado Pkwy, 1.5 miles east of Hwy 75. We are at the northeast corner of Eldorado Pkwy and College Street, McKinney, Texas
- ATTENTION: Possible ongoing construction road closures at US-75/Eldorado thru 2015. (Click here to download a PDF with more information.)
- Mailing & Telephone Information
- Collin Central Appraisal District
250 Eldorado Pkwy
McKinney, Texas 75069
(866) 467-1110 (toll-free)